Safer Care Victoria is partnering in Movements Matter - a public campaign to help Victorian women report decreased fetal movements, and reduce the number of potentially preventable stillbirths.
This may result in more queries and increased presentations.
To make sure you’re ready, we have a range of resources below.
Covers current best practice in identifying and managing decreased fetal movements.
Panel members included:
- Dr Adrienne Gordon - Lead Public Awareness campaign, Neonatologist in the RPA centre for newborn care, NSW
- Professor Vicki Flenady - Director Stillbirth Centre of Research Excellence
- Dr Joanna Said - Head of Maternal Fetal Medicine - Sunshine Hospital
- Colleen White - Midwifery Manager Birth Suite Monash Medical Centre
- Dr Nicola Yuen - Clinical Lead Maternity and Newborn Clinical Network
Best practice guidance
Provides consistent and practical advice regarding assessment, management and escalation about Decreased Fetal Movements for maternity clinicians.
To assist health care providers to provide best care when women have decreased fetal movements. Includes an algorithm designed to be printed and used as a reference in the clinical areas.
An e-Learning guide for clinical staff provides education on the latest guidelines for the management of Decreased Fetal Movements.
Page last updated: 10 Oct 2018