Safer Care Victoria (SCV) is the state’s healthcare quality and safety improvement agency. We work with patients, families and carers, clinicians and health services to monitor and improve the quality and safety of care delivered across our public health system.
Outstanding healthcare for all Victorians. Always.
To enable all health services to deliver safe, high-quality care and experiences for patients, carers and staff.
We are focused on five priority areas:
- partnering with patients, families and carers
- partnering with clinicians
- review and response
- improvement and innovation.
To achieve our mission and our purpose we:
- partner with others, including consumers and their families, clinicians and health services
- underpin our work with evidence-based best practice
- put people at the centre of everything we do
- focus on outcomes and measuring our impact.
Read our three-year Strategic Plan 2017-2020
Read our annual Corporate Plan 2018-2019
Read our Annual Report 2017-18
Safer Care Victoria operates as an Administrative Office in relation to the Department of Health and Human Services (the Department) under Section 11 of the Public Administration Act 2004. We perform our functions in accordance with the expectations of the Minister for Health.
Read the Department’s Delegation of Authority
Why we're here
Safer Care Victoria was created in response to recommendations within the report Targeting Zero: Supporting the Victorian hospital system to eliminate avoidable harm and strengthen quality of care.